18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20 NIV)
- Develop a prospect list. You need twice the number of prospects as you have enrolled. Register people at every event you have in the community and at the church to find prospects. Make sure every adult class has the files that apply to their class.
- Contact prospects. Have someone call them about the Bible study class with information about the Scripture you are studying on Sunday. (Remember that they don’t have the quarterly if they are new.) Send a letter to invite them. Invite them to your quarterly fellowship event. They will come to this event quicker than coming to your class.
- Show that you care! People will listen if you show that you care first. Contact them during the week to check on them. Ask how you can be praying for them this week. Set up care groups. (E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with documents on how to do this.)
- Start New Classes! For every new class you start successfully you will add ten new members. Again, ask me how to start a new class at the e-mail above.
- Stay focused on the lesson. There are persons who read the quarterly and wanting to know how to apply the Scripture to everyday life. When you talk about everything but the lesson, you have failed to help them apply the Scripture. You will lose people at this point. Stay on task and help them apply Scripture. You are a missionary and disciple maker!! Don’t let trivial talk interrupt God’s Word!!!